Thursday, April 8, 2010

Bucket List

No, I'm not planning on kicking the bucket anytime soon. But Bing! Travel came out with a list of 12 places in the world that might be playing soccer with the proverbial bucket. And some of the places were really surprising! Now, I don't claim to be a world traveler... far from it, actually. Up until a few years ago, I really didn't even have the desire to see new places. I don't mind traveling. I just never thought about places I'd like to go. But I'm changing. Maybe it's being married to a guy who spent 2-3 weeks every summer of his childhood exploring all 48 of the continental states. Maybe it's the friends around me who all have places they'd like to go... Alaska, Europe, Hawaii, etc. Whatever it is, I now have my (in)complete list:

(in no certain order)
the Florida Keys: beach. sun. sand.
New York City at Christmas: the lights!
Florida Everglades: Alligators and huge pythons... am I crazy?
Lake Tahoe: D has always wanted to take me here.
Ireland: if you know my maiden name, you know why.
Venice, Italy: "undoubtedly the most beautiful city built by man"- NYTimes
The Great Barrier Reef: Glass bottom boat, please! No scuba diving for me!
Bahamas: see Florida Keys.
re-visit Grand Cayman: ditto.

What about you? Where in the world would you like to go?
*sings Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego*
Whatever happened to that show? I loved watching the contestants put the flags on the different places at the end of the show. I know, I'm such a thrill-seeker.

2 comments:

Penny said...

Alaska
Hawaii
Seattle
Boston but only in the Fall
Greece
back to Italy
Australia- want to hug those koala bears


but only if you go with me on some of the above!

annemarye said...

can we double date to ireland? but you have to wait until i'm married because i'm not messing with the find a million different rooms in another country.