Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Yea Orange! Yea White!




Tomorrow is the National Championship game... in case you didn't know. And my Longhorns are taking on the Crimson Tide from Alabama. Needless to say, I'm a little excited. And nervous. And relieved. You see, for the past couple of weeks I've been trying to figure out how to work my burnt orange attire to fit the teacher dress code at my school. Then today I got an email that made me go running out of my classroom (don't worry- there was a parent reader) to the first grade teachers, where I interrupted their conversation to tell them that tomorrow has been declared a jeans and Texas attire day! Don't worry. They understand me so they didn't look at me like the crazy that I am.

And the pictures above? That's the setup that I'm taking to my kindergarten class tomorrow in celebration of the big game. They also know how crazy I am about my Longhorns.

Hook 'em!

3 comments:

annemarye said...

whoa, where'd you get the cake from? i really hope you say you made it, but i have a feeling that's not the answer...

Penny said...

oh my goodness....i love that cake....teach them the eyes! when we have kids, i'm going to request that their kindergarten teacher teaches them the words....they should know the tune, but we'll perfect those words!

Les said...

Anne- HEB... of course I didn't make it.
Penny- We had the greatest day- we wore orange, listened to the Longhorn band during seat work time and quiet time, read a book about Hook 'em touring Texas, and then had the Hook 'em cake and brownies with orange sugar. Some of my kids already know the words to the Eyes of Texas...